Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Trip to the Zoo



More travels, complete with pictures!

First, for a recap: Last week, from Sunday to Wednesday, we were in San Antonio for a homeschool conference. During this time, Ethan and I were helping out with a Public Speaking class. I had been a bit...apprehensive about dealing with nine- to twelve-year-olds from 9am-4pm each day, but I was pleasantly surprised. Quite an enjoyable time. (Though there were other times that I wanted to strangle a few kids.) Because Gracie has never been to a "good" zoo, we decided to spend Wednesday at San Antonio's Zoo.

Now, pictures!
This is (as shown by the sign) Fralo's Pizzeria. We stopped
here for lunch on the way to San Antonio.
At Fralo's, I managed to snag a couple portrait photos. This is
my Dad. Quite snazzy, if I do say so myself. ;) (Especially the
reflection in his sunglasses.)

Mother! :D I like this one, even though her hand is a bit
blurry.


Ethan--he has cool hair. (If my hair started curling like his,
I'd totally go all hobbit-style. Just saying.)

And Gracie, eating her pizza. Clay was being
camera-shy, so I wasn't able to get his 'andsome face up here.

Gracie again, climbing on some rocks. The picture
quality isn't the best, but I just love her facial expression
in this one.

On Monday evening, we went to eat supper with one of Dad's
friends who lives in San Antonio. They had foam swords and a
trampoline, so naturally, Gracie, Clay and Joe (Dad's friend's
son) went outside and started a trampoline war after supper.


Now we're at the zoo! I'm not sure what she's
looking at in this one...it might be the bears.

Le family looking at the Komodo.

The zoo had these really crazy-looking flowers, so I just
had to take a picture of one.

Haha, I love this otter's face.

The jaguar! This one actually turned out better than
I had expected. I thought the shadows messed it up.

This is the offspring of a zebra and a giraffe. I call it a
zebraffe. (Haha, not really. It's its own species, but I can't
remember its real name.)

(The following is best read in Morgan Freeman's voice.)
"Due to the scorching heat on the African Plains, the
elephant retreats to the relief offered by the local watering-hole."

This sign made me depressed. I mean, even elephants can
run faster than Olympic sprinters! That's sad.

Oh my goodness. This kangaroo was adorable.

You'd think this serene setting would house some Japanese
Stork or something, right? Or at least a panda? Wrong. This is
the alligator exhibit. You can sort of see its tale at the base
of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment