Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Mom is the Bomb

My mother is the best.

She's one of my best friends. I can talk to her about the book I'm reading. I can spazz out about how awesome such-and-such character from a movie or book is. I can tell her about any problems I'm having, and she understands because she's an introvert like me. And, one of my favorites, I can discuss theology with her.

She's my teacher. She's homeschooled me all of my life and I guess I've turned out all right so far, haha. That's a credit to her and my dad for raising me up in the way I should go. And she worked through all those math problems and memory verses and history lessons and science labs and essays with me. Even now, I give my papers to her to edit before I turn them in.

She's my encourager. All my life, no matter what I've been doing (save all the bad things, of course), be it sports, music, photography, school assignments, she's told me "Great job" and kept me going, even when I might not have wanted to. And, if I messed up, she'd tell me what I did wrong and how to make it better.

I could keep talking/writing/whatever, but the list might never end. So I'll end with this: my mother is awesome. (And see my earlier post on "Le Mot Juste." I really mean it.) I do love thee so very much, Momma.

You're the bomb. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment