Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Graduation 2013

It's been a while since I've done a "normal" blog post, but now that exams are over and summer has arrived (insert Hallelujah Chorus here), I finally have enough time. Yay! :D

First off, graduations! Two of our good family friends, Ashlea B. and Jamie L., graduated on Friday, May 17th from Potter's Hand High School. The next day, the 18th, my brother Ethan graduated from the Grant Academy. Very exciting, but semi-depressing at the same time...not only will they be moving on/away, but it makes me realize that I'm only two years away from doing the same. And then I feel really old (ridiculous, I know) and almost scared, in a way, of growing up--but that's for another post. Anyway, since graduating high school is sort of a big deal, we had a lot of family come down and stay with us: my dad's mom, my mom's parents, and my mom's sister and her family. :D
Ashlea and Jamie--as part of the graduation ceremony, they
led us in a few worship songs.

Ashlea with her parents, who presented her with her diploma


Jamie and his parents*


The next morning, before going to Ethan's ceremony,
we had a rather delicious home-made brunch.



Peanut butter cake--one of the best cakes in the history
of all cakes

Chocolate Caramel Turtle Brownies.
Talk about heaven.

Left to right: Meme (my grandma), Mom, Vanya (my aunt)


My cousin, Zoey
Gracie, Zoey, and Clay on the trampoline

Willoooow!

My uncle, Brett, with Keikei (the Yorkie) and our puppies

At Ethan's graduation: the seniors watching Ethan's slideshow
Ethan, receiving his diploma from our parents*

*
And after Ethan's graduation and reception, we went to an
amazing mexican food restaurant for supper. 

*Taken by D'ann Moreno, a family friend


Secondly, an update on the puppies:

Three have been picked up already, one more is being picked up in a couple weeks, and we're keeping one, so that leaves us with three extra. But right now, 5 are still with us. :] All the pictures below were taken by my dad.



The mother



This summer is going to be really busy, so I'll be sure to make several posts over the next few months and keep y'all...posted. 

God bless, 

Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment