Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

A Princess Tea Party


So, last Friday, we celebrated Gracie's fifth birthday with a princess tea party. It was the first time she had invited several friends over for a party, and we spent most of the day dressing up and decorating the house for it. I thought it was pretty magical, though I say it myself. My dad and I were the unofficial photographers of the event, so, below are several of the pics from the day, presented in a slightly confused order because my computer was being wacky and mixed them up. 

Crystal, a friend of the family that I've practically
grown up with, came over and taught the girls how to
properly serve tea. *
*

*

*

The girls all got to play with and hold the puppies. We
gave them white shirts so they wouldn't mess up their dresses.
*



Clay, the knight, and Mom, the queen.

This represented Gracie's "first kiss."
(The idea is from a book called Princess and the Kiss.)



The table is set!

The King 








Dad read them a story while they drank their tea.


Oh my gosh...ok. So, Clay was a knight, Ethan was the suave
waiter/maitre d', and...well, I was supposed to be a prince. But not just
any prince! I was an Indian prince. When Ethan and Dad were in India,
they got me one of the male Indian outfits, the long shirt and genie pants,
so that was my costume for the day. And, of course I had to have a turban,
right?


Ethan, serving fruit kebabs


The cake, punch, fruit, cookies, and tea



So that was Gracie's fifth birthday party! I think we all really enjoyed it, though I might have felt a wee bit embarrassed in my outfit...but it's good. Keeps me humble, haha. 

*Photos taken by my dad

No comments:

Post a Comment