Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

In a hurry! :P

Well, we're about to leave on a canoe trip, so I don't have much time today. That said, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite quotes.

"I learned that it is better, a thousand-fold, for a proud man to fall and be humbled, than to hold up his head in his pride and fancied innocence. I learned that he that will be a hero, will barely be a man; that he that will be nothing but a doer of his work, is sure of his manhood." ~George MacDonald, Phantastes

"But something else was needed, a finer being,
More capable of mind, a sage, a ruler,
So Man was born, it may be, in God's image...
All other animals look downward;
Man, alone, erect, can raise his face toward heaven." ~Ovid, Metamorphoses


"All the glory of the world would be buried in oblivion, unless God had provided mortals with the remedy of books." ~Richard DeBury

"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing."~Gwendolyn, The Importance of Being Ernest


And now, some from my classmates at VPSA:

"Why, my CHEESE! Cur of a rodent, he hath devoured mine own milk fermented, divinely enjoying every moment."~Katie Montgomery

"I like sleeping. It's like being dead, but without the commitment."~Abigail Beavin

Now, I bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment