Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Today is: Flowers!


"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
~Luke 12:27

Well, lilies are something we're a bit deficient in, but we do have wildflowers! There's also some petunias and oleanders around our house. Even with my limited options, I managed to scrounge up a few pictures for this post. Score!


Le Petunia Rouge (because it sounds better than "the red petunia")

I took this one a few days ago, after a thunderstorm.


Oleander blossoms, also after the thunderstorm. 

We were on a road trip and stopped to take some pictures of the wildflowers.
This is one of my favorites.

"The Wanderlust has blest me. . . in a ragged blanket curled,
I've watched the gulf of Heaven foam with stars;
I've walked with eyes wide open to the wonders of the world,
I've seen God's flood of glory burst its bars.
I've seen the gold a-blinding in the riffles of the sky,
Till I fancied me a bloated plutocrat;
But I'm freedom's happy bond-slave, and I will be till I die,
And I've got to thank the Wanderlust for that."

~from Wanderlustby Robert William Service

No comments:

Post a Comment